Are you among the 7% of Americans whose money personality is The Oasis?
As The Oasis, you’re focused, reserved and soft-spoken. When you’re quiet it’s because you choose your words carefully and don’t speak just to hear your own voice.
You tend to focus more on the present than on the future. You embrace advice from friends and family even though you don’t always seek help. And you don’t speak much, but when you do, it always benefits the conversation.
You don’t have trouble staying up on payments. You prefer to do your own finances and don’t seek help from financial planners because your keen attention to detail keeps your money all in order.
When it comes to The Oasis’ financial habits:
- You make thoughtful purchases and don’t spend your money impulsively.
- You tend to not reach out to others for help or support for financial issues.
- You’re capable of designing creative solutions to your financial issues.
- You’re familiar with your current finances but don’t keep a budget.
- You hunt down great deals and always read the fine print.
Payoff’s recommendations for The Oasis:
- Take a risk on a beneficial new financial opportunity outside your comfort zone.
- Expand your knowledge by seeking out other opinions.
- Focus on the positive and reward yourself for small wins instead of dwelling on negative financial outcomes.
- Keep the big picture of improving your long-term credit in mind.
- Don’t overanalyze financial issues to the point you never take action.
All 10 money personalities, including The Oasis, and Joy, were identified and developed by Payoff’s Science Team, led by Chief Science Officer Dr. Galen Buckwalter. (By the way, Dr. Buckwalter is the very same scientist behind eHarmony’s successful match algorithm.)
Each money personality was identified using the Big 5 and findings in behavioral psychology, neuroscience and other areas of science. As a result, the quiz uses real science to pinpoint the secrets behind your spending, saving and money management.
Dr. Buckwalter, along with Payoff’s founder and CEO, Scott Saunders, have designed Payoff to be a financial wellness company that applies science, psychology and technology to help our Members reinvent their relationship with money and accelerate their journey to financial wellness. We focus on the intersection of personality and financial behavior, developing products and services that help our Members achieve their goals.