Are you among the 8% of Americans whose money personality is The Adventurer?
As The Adventurer, you are curious, imaginative and accepting. You never stop believing in yourself and are happiest when you’re learning or discovering something new.
You approach life with a very “I’ll try anything once” attitude. You enjoy starting new projects and solving old problems with new solutions but you sometimes have trouble seeing your plans through to completion.
You may not love the details involved in financial planning and tend to keep a loose hold on your finances, but you still keep track of your income, pay your bills on time and hardly ever spend impulsively.
When it comes to The Adventurer’s financial habits:
- You’re willing to try new financial tools to change habits and curb spending.
- You tend to make risky choices in your career and finances.
- You tend to overspend when enjoying new experiences.
- You don’t prioritize financial planning and can easily stray from a budget.
- You stay calm when working through your financial issues.
Payoff’s recommendations for The Adventurer:
- Use your creativity to build stable plans for future adventures.
- Establish an emergency fund to reduce stress when you hit rough patches.
- Separate your wants from your needs when spending money.
- Give purchases extra thought before pulling the trigger.
- Make a plan, stick with it and reward yourself for hitting small goals.
All 10 money personalities, including The Adventurer, and Joy, were identified and developed by Payoff’s Science Team, led by Chief Science Officer Dr. Galen Buckwalter. (By the way, Dr. Buckwalter is the very same scientist behind eHarmony’s successful match algorithm.)
Each money personality was identified using the Big 5 and findings in behavioral psychology, neuroscience and other areas of science. As a result, the quiz uses real science to pinpoint the secrets behind your spending, saving and money management.
Dr. Buckwalter, along with Payoff’s founder and CEO, Scott Saunders, have designed Payoff to be a financial wellness company that applies science, psychology and technology to help our Members reinvent their relationship with money and accelerate their journey to financial wellness. We focus on the intersection of personality and financial behavior, developing products and services that help our Members achieve their goals.