THE PAYOFF LOAN™
Document Upload Guide
Sometimes, we need help from you to verify who you are or to confirm the information you gave us (like your income, address, or housing payment) in order to finalize your loan application and process it quickly! Rest assured, your information is always safe with us—we use bank-level security to keep your documents strictly confidential.
Providing Documents to Us
When you log into your account, you’ll see one or more document requests that will tell you what information we may need from you.
If there are multiple document requests, pick the one you’d like to deal with first. Select “Let’s do it” to open the uploader. Keep in mind that your document(s) will need to be in .jpg, .png, .gif, or .pdf format to upload successfully.
After you click “Let’s do it”, you’ll see a few quick tips for how to upload your document(s) right the first time. When you’re ready, click “Upload” to begin selecting the file(s) from your device.
You can upload multiple documents if you need to—just click “Upload More” to select the ones you want. When you’re all finished, click “I’m Done Uploading” to proceed. Once you’ve uploaded the document successfully, you’ll see a little green check mark appear on the document request.
If you have multiple document requests to address, repeat the same process for each one.
Having trouble uploading your documents? You also have the option to email them to us at [email protected].
Once we’ve confirmed that your documents have been uploaded successfully, your application is complete! It’ll take our team around 3-7 business days to process everything, and we’ll reach out to you if we need anything else.
Types of Documents We May Ask For
There are a few documents we may request in order to verify your identity or other information you provided during your application:
Proof of Identity
- Driver’s license
- State-issued ID
A few things to know about Proof of Identity
- These identifying documents must be valid and unexpired.
- You can submit a high-quality, full-color photo of your document(s)—just make sure the images are clear and no information is cut off! If you can’t submit a photo, we can accept a high-quality, full-color scan instead.
Proof of Income
- Your most recent paystub, preferably in PDF format
A few things to know about Proof of Income
- If you can’t upload your paystubs in PDF format, you can use a high-quality scan or photo instead. Just make sure the images are clear and no information is cut off!
- If you’re self-employed, we may request your tax records to verify your income. In this case, we’ll ask for the first 2 pages of your Form 1040, and the first 2 pages of either the Schedule C or K1 form.
- A statement from every bank account where you deposit income, preferably in PDF format
A few things to know about Bank Statements
- Your most recent statement must include every page, even the blank ones (those are added intentionally by your bank!).
- This document must be an official statement for the account—we can’t accept transaction history.
- In some cases, we may also need you to submit a high-quality scan or photo of a voided check or an ACH letter. We’ll let you know if that’s the case!